The 2020 AGU Gutenburg Lecture is given by Prof. Malcolm Sambridge FAA.
- 1983: BSc (Hons) in Physics, Loughborough University of Technology.
- 1984: Certificate of Advanced Studies in Mathematics, University of Cambridge.
- 1988: PhD in Geophysics, The Australian National University, Seismic inversion for earthquake location and 3-D velocity structure.
- 1992-present: Research Fellow (1992-1995), Fellow (1995-2001), Senior Fellow (2001-2007) and Professor (2008-present), Research School of Earth Sciences, The Australian National University.
- 1989-1992: Research Associate, Institute of Theoretical Geophysics, University of Cambridge.
- 1988-1989: Harry Oscar Wood Fellow, Department of Terrestrial Magnetism, Carnegie Institution of Washington.
Honours and awards